Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Art of ...



I love to complain.  I complain about anything and everything.  I complain when it rains; I complain when it's too dry.  I complain when it's cold; I complain when it's hot.  I complain about my workload; I complain when I have nothing to do.  I complain that I have so many things to complain about. 

Being that I spend most of my waking hours at work, I am always seized by the urge to complain out loud.  Skimming through my previous posts and blogs and diary entries, I was amazed by the amount of time I spent harping about my unrelenting work inbox.  I can get way too pesky even for myself!  Tsk. Tsk.  

However, in the very recent past, I have resolved to stop complaining, and start appreciating.   This was not a decision I came to because I was really grateful for what I have.  This was a decision I made because I got tired of hearing the same old gripes here and there.  I came to realize that it is no fun to be around with if all you ever do is complain. 

It is not an easy thing to do though - biting my tongue when I feel like spewing all sorts of expletives.  Sometimes I feel like I have a bubble on my head bursting with a plethora of punctuation marks.  It is HARD.  But, it can be done.

I am a work in progress.  Sometimes, I fail - I give in and recite a litany of discontent.  I am human, after all.   Then I remember....



No comments: