Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friends


This year has been a good year of pleasant revelations.  I have learned that no matter how far a relationship dates back to, it does not mean that the bond will not break.  I have learned that there are people who believe so much in their own goodness that they fail to see the flaws in their character.  I have learned that no one is spared from the impulse to twist words in order to justify one's opinion. 

This year, I have come to an acceptance about where my relationships are. A long time friend disappointed me big time when I realized the person was a turn coat.  Someone who claimed to be a friend was really just that - claiming to be a friend.  A professional relationship turned cold when I learned about the twisted workings of that person's thoughts.

In each and every moment, I was surprised that people that I thought I know, I actually didn't really.  It has been a mix of emotions - anger, disappointment, sadness and relief.  It is never a happy moment to acknowledge that it is time to move on.  But I am happy that I am spared from many more moments of misplaced comfortability and misguided trust.

It is never really about how many friends I have, as long as the ones I have are the ones who I can trust with my life.

No comments: