Monday, September 08, 2008

Grrr

I have had my Citibank Visa Card for more than a decade. I use it the American Express way - as a charge card. Meaning, I pay my dues in full every due date. No outstanding balances, no carry overs. No interest earning utangs.

You would think Citibank would appreciate my loyalty and timely payments by giving me perks. Hell, no!

I never had my annual fees waived. I use my accumulated points.

One time, I forgot to pay on time. I called Citibank the next day to request for penalty waiver, and they refused. I threatened to cancel my card and what did they do? Transferred me to the card cancellation division. The nerve!

After more yakking from me, the (un) fortunate person on the other end of the line, agreed to waive the late penalty.

Today, I tried getting the Citibank Shell Card for the gas rebates. And here's what I get - more annual fees. Apparently, if you are a new applicant with no existing Citibank card, you get free one year use. If you have an existing card, you pay the annual fees. Kapikon!

No comments: