Thursday, July 03, 2008

... and yet another day


Today. July 3, 2008. Thursday

Inbox total 61
Read receipts 92

This means over the course of my 10-hour day yesterday, I sent emails to 92 recipients.
That's 9 emails per hour, average of 6.6 minutes to compose each one.

Does not really sound much. But when you break it down, in order to get one draft message into a "worthy to send" message you need to squeeze information out of several people, dig thru piles of paperwork and dissect each tidbit of information for lapses and inconsistency.

So today, 61 emails will mean...

122 return emails to send out ( average ratio is 1 incoming : 2 outgoing)
I am working a 4-hour day in the office {as I will be visiting a vendor in the afternoon leaving me with no email access -- hooray??}

I have to churn out 30 emails per hour, 2 minutes per email.

That's 4.6 minutes chopped off my average messaging time.

Not that I am complaining {yeah right}.

I have devised a plan to get through my days.

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del repeatedly and this pseudo-computer shuts down.

Whatever was not replied will have to wait.

{Sidenote: I can shut it down the normal Start + Shutdown way, but it's less dramatic}

No comments: