Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Things happen


When I started looking for a job, my only requirement then was that it not be in Makati. I was still living somewhere North then, so Makati meant a really really loooooong ride.

So I ended up working for Sy's commercial bank, eventually moving on to lodge an almost solid ten-year career with a food ingredient manufacturer-exporter giant.

Then I did a short but successful stint with another manufacturer-exporter somewhere up in the rural mountains of Rizal.

For reasons I can only attribute to a Higher Being, I quit that job, got an interesting offer and I landed in Makati. The very place I wanted to stay away from.

Of course, logistics are different now. I live near the area.

And as if these small miracles are not enough, just when I am starting to want to move on, a new opportunity opens up. Talk about things happening at the right time and at the right place.

In my heart I recognize that all the decisions I have been making as I trudge along my life were guided decisions. I never know where the path I choose will lead me, but I know that wherever it will be, it is where I am planned to be.

3 comments:

JEROME GOMEZ said...

may new offer u?

KathieDee said...

yup, same company, different division. exciting move! moving from working with Pottery Barn to Neiman Marcus/Horchow.

Alexis said...

Jesssazz, NEIMAN MARCUS?!!?!?!??!?! yey!