Friday, February 27, 2009

Miss ko mag blog

So I haven't blog for a really long time. I have answered all of those tags and lists, but have not really been squeezing out any creative juice from my gray matter that I sort of feel brain dead. Nakaka miss din pala. Kahit wala kang sasabihing may sense or will change the world, nakakamiss magsulat. Nakakamiss yung may deadline, tapos wala kang maisulat kaya you end up with silly stuff like:

I turn on the light,

Control 3 second flat

Oh how I wish

Writing was just like that.

Haha. I know I was a pain for the eds back then, but they published na rin, pang puno ng space.

So what have I been up to lately? Not that you care. Or maybe you do since you bothered to start reading this post. Or maybe you don't really? ....... Whatever.

I have been facebook-ing a lot lately. I love facebook. I love knowing what other people are up to. Never mind that I believe most people romanticize what they are up to anyway. You know--

"Had a nice quiet dinner with xxx, overlooking the sunset by the bay" Which could mean anywhere in between they really had a nice quiet dinner overlooking the sunset at the bay or nagbaon sila ng kanin, adobo at kamatis, nagdala ng puting monoblock chair sa baywalk at kumain ng dinner habang palubog na ang araw, at pareho silang bingi.

or "Going to Boracay for the weekend!" She could really be going to Boracay for the weekend, pero it could be that actually nangutang sya to fund the trip, and pagbalik nya from the "fantastic weekend at Boracay!" araw araw na overtime ang kailangan para makabayad sa loan.

I think that's what I love about the posts in facebook. Trying to figure out the stories behind the posts. And if friend mo naman talaga yung nasa facebook mo, you basically know how much stretch they are making to make it appear that they are leading lives that you ought to envy. Parang electronic way of social climbing or perhaps a hi-tech version of hallucination.

Apart from the content of the posts, I look forward to the gramatical errors. Kung dangan naman kasi bakit kailangan ang mga posts in english? "Look to cook dinner" o kaya naman " Gone to province tomorrow" Kailan daw?

And syempre, hindi mawawala ang mga pictures. "Sunset in Palawan", "Sunset in Mindoro", "Sunset across my room"... Have they never heard of "Keeping a photograph is like trying to preserve a kiss"? Facebook people, makakakita ka ng sunset until the last day you breathe. Unless na lang you die the following morning, sorry na lang, sana nakita mo ang sunrise.

At mga pictures ng pagkain in various stages of consumption - kakainin, kinakain at kinain. Mas maganda siguro kung pictures ng pagkain na kinain after ma-digest. Kumpletuhin naman ang cycle.

So, in short, wala talaga akong ginagawang may kabuluhan lately.

No comments: