Friday, December 12, 2008

It's that time of the year

I love Christmas.

I love arranging the ornaments on our tree (not putting up the tree though).

I love shopping for gifts (and haggling with the "ano hanap nyo ate?" tinderas)

I love the food that magically appears on our fridge everyday (a little melodramatic, but you get what i mean).

I love the surprise when I open the gifts I get (and believe me, most of the time I DO get surprised)

I love the bibingkas and putobumbongs.

I love the ube that our neighbor cooks the traditional way (grate,grate,grate and stir,stir,stir).

I love the time spent away from the stress of work.

I love a lot of things associated with Christmas.

Except one.

I detest being compelled to participate in the christmas party presentations.

I have never deluded myself that I can sing, dance or do anything related to performance art. But for reasons unknown, people seem to not notice.

Either they are way too much into the christmas fever - where even the worst voice is forgivable - or they are way too much desperate to fill the group.

I wish, for once, there will be a group of "non performing assets" at the party - where our only duty is cheer, clap and occasionally heckle. I can be a good heckler. I bet I can even excel at it.

Unfortunately, nobody has bought this idea of mine yet. I think it's an idea way ahead of its time.

So this year, I fear that I am doomed once more.

I really do love christmas!

No comments: